Portland Pin-Up Photography…

A little warmth for these cold days! Had some fun in the studio with pin-up models Miranda and Kayla, friends of my assistant Aaron. We set up several backgrounds and collected a vast assortment of props beforehand to create some cool situations the models could seamlessly move into. The lighting set-up was pretty consistent, large light bank for the main and some undiffused ┬áheads for edge. Aaron brought his extensive collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia and we used them for quite a few images from the shoot. These two images are my favorites of each of the models and I think the props helped with the mood of the shots – an old rotary desk phone from my Mom’s answering service and some glam sunglasses left over from a Halloween party.

About these ads

6 Comments

1. Posted December 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Hot! Nice work.

2. Posted December 7, 2011 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Love the shots of Miranda and Kayla! Lookin forward to seeing more!

3. Posted May 2, 2013 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

Awesome article.

4. Posted May 9, 2013 at 3:16 am | Permalink

Fantastic items from you, man. I have bear in mind
    your stuff previous to and you’re simply extremely magnificent. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating
    and the best way wherein you are saying it.
    You are making it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it
    smart. I can’t wait to learn much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

5. Posted May 14, 2013 at 8:22 am | Permalink

Hi there! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask.

Does running a well-established blog like yours require a lot of work?
    I’m brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal every day. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience
    and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
    Appreciate it!

6. Posted August 30, 2013 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Thanks for your comments! I haven’t looked in here for a while so sorry for the delay. I will say I’m more like a bulemic blogger in that I write several posts then don’t do it for a while. I truly need to be more regular in my posting because I have so much to post and share! Why not use some of your written journal entries in your blog? Good advice is to write several entries before posting anything. Then you will have a few backups to post when you are too busy to. Best, -Brian